Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sputnikfest


So I had to do a presentation of Sputnikfest for the tourism breakfast here in Manitowoc this morning. It was the first time I have given a speech since high school ... which was many many years ago. I was nervous as hell but got through it pretty well. Sputnikfest is a fantastic festival being planned for September 5 & 6 2008 to commemorate a chunk of Sputnik 4 falling to earth and landing in the middle of 8th street, right up the street from my store actually. We are having a retro themed festival set in the 1960's featuring a juried art fair, great food, rocking music, tons of space themed family fun and of course beer...we are in Wisconsin after all. It is going to be so much fun and totally unique to Manitowoc! I can't wait!
My friend Tina Kugler who I have raved about before design the proposed logo that could not be more perfect. If you need a designer or illustrator for a project you should hire her.

1 comment:

tina kugler said...

You should have a policy where anyone who gets the logo as a tattoo gets a free t-shirt. Or, like, a bottle opener.