Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tour of the new and improved Persimmons






So here is one of the cabinets I picked up yesterday. I couldn't be happier for on $50! Of course 2 huge new pieces of furniture mean I had to completely rearrange the entire store. I always like it so much more when it is finished and it reminds me of how much crap I really have. I worked on it until 1 am and finally now at almost 2 pm am almost finished. I just have to clean up last minute stuff. I couldn't get out of bed this morning my stupid sciatic nerve was totally whacked out from all that lifting and moving of heavy furniture. Oh well all is well now and I like the store so much better.








This is one of my favorite parts of the store not really finished in the picture but it is where all the silly ephemera stuff is to make collages and other fun stuff. I have soooo much stuff and I like to keep buying more so I share it here with everyone. The most popular is game pieces and buttons. I have also started putting together big packs of misc. stuff in a bag and selling big packs for $8. It's a good way to get enough vintage stuff to do a little collage or a few cards. I love thinking of what people will create with their bag of goodies.










Another fun little section I created is a little bath and relaxation corner. I haven't hung the stuff on the wall yet but there are some soaps made by local artist Joan Sonnier. She is really a fine artist but makes the soaps as a quick sell item. There are some great paper flowers made by local artist Amanda Graff who used to work for Martha Stewart!!! She is so stylish! My friend Sara Schuetze makes some sweet little paper necklaces and sells them for a measly $10! Perfect gift for a little girl!



I really don't carry too much mass produced stuff but one of the products I can't resist are the smart women products. I love this stuff and the people at the company as well. I sell a lot of the coffee mugs that are $11 and the perfect size for a big cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. They say smart women thirst for knowledge. Love that.
Hope you enjoyed the little tour!


















4 comments:

Unknown said...

The store looks great! What a great deal on the case and it really goes well with the store.

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

What a sweet, fun store you have! Love it! Isn't it wonderful to find your calling....

:)

chrisser princess warrior said...

Hey! Those cases look great!!! Do you have any more pictures of them?

Amor De Plata said...

What a great store you have! Great blog too!