Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chairs for Charity is almost here!!!!


So I got up bright and early this morning because I knew the article for our upcoming Chairs for Charity auction would be in the paper. So I stuck my hair in a ponytail and ran across the street to Kwik Trip to get the paper. Our picture is on the first page with a full page article on the cover of the lifestyle section. Here is the link to the well written article....



I really hope there is a huge attendance to the auction and fall art tour. We have worked really hard on this for a long long time and I can't wait to see how it will all turn out!
The fun artful weekend next weekend will kick off with a Friday night reception at Persimmons from 6-9 where you can mingle with the artists and continue Saturday with a tour of 5 studios where you can see artist demonstrations and displays. Then at 6pm the doors will open at the Rahr West Museum with the oral auction starting at 7pm. There will be treats from Garnishes, Pine River Prepack, Stumpjack,and Van's Liquor. It will be a good good time with all the money going right back into the arts in our community. It has been a really fun project that would have never happened without the hard work and dedication of my good friend Heather Doucette and the other members of Art and About. Being the founding mother of the group just less than 2 years ago I am very impressed with the things we have accomplished in such a short time and look forward to the things to come! If anyone is interested in helping us showcase our area and all the talented artisans that call Manitowoc county home please contact me. See you at the auction!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

What great chairs! Hope the auction goes well :)

Anonymous said...

I wish you well with the Auction. Great looking chairs!