Saturday, November 22, 2008

I love playing with metal


I know I often talk about new addictions. Well playing with metal has to take the cake. I had sooooo much fun making this today that I did something I rarely do...I immediately listed it on etsy! I just had no customers and felt I needed to share it with someone. I think only like 12 people looked at it but hey. I was inspired to try it out again by that great book by Jane Ann Wynn.
I took some pretty thin copper sheets and created a box. Then I soldered the whole thing to give it strength an a cool look. I drilled some holes on all sides and then strung beads all over it. Seriously just typing about it made me giddy because it was so much fun. I love mixing things up and the result was very satisfying. I can't wait until Monday to get back in the studio!!!

4 comments:

LiPeony said...

that looks so unique... I love the box look? I was thinking does it jingle a bit when you move with it because the beads hit the box? I think that would be pretty cool to have a tin like jingle. lovely work... keep making work that inspires!

Casey said...

That is really cool! I love the colors.

StacyT said...

Good Morning... I have just moved back to the lake shore after living up in the Twin Cities the last 15 years. Once upon a time I was a creatively expressive being and love creating things as you do... as I am home with my two year old... praying for patience as I await for my next full time employment opportunity... I find myself stalking all of the local artsy blogs... just found yours this morning and loved this piece. I would wear it with as a locket with a black and white or sepia photo of my son in it. Instead of the beads in the middle... but I love the beads on the outside! Maybe a custom piece in the works? Or an opportunity to partner with one of your professional photography friends to offer jewelry as a joint effort? Anyway love you blog... Thanks for the filling my heart with love as I enjoy my cup of coffee on the cold winters morn...

StacyT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.