Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa

Our downtown Santa is very authentic looking but not so much on the acting the part side. While he was in the store 2 kids came and he told them about his real job as a manure truck driver. My advice to Santa's all over...please don't tell the kids about your day job. They think you work at the North Pole all year making toys. Even if they are only 3...they know about the real Santa and if you want them to think that is you maybe keep off the topic of hauling poop for a living? Just my advice take it or leave it.

Molly enjoyed his company none the less. I quick got this shot at the end of the hour and a half visit when she would finally sit on his lap.

Also I was wondering if the other parents out there noticed that kids seem to get sassier as Christmas gets closer? I think saying the old you better behave or Santa won't come only makes them see how far they can push you ...even more. I am usually pretty good at threatening bad behavior with things I will actually follow through on but for some reason it just comes out at this time of year. Today when she painted the dining room chair blue..."Do you not want Santa to come?"...just came out automatically. Really I could never be so mean as to not give her anything Christmas morning but I can't stop saying it either. I guess the sassiness is really just my fault after all. Oh well it will all end in one short week when she is high on sugar and surrounded by a mound of wrapping paper and boxes. Then it will be back to just plain old threats like "keep it up and you're going to bed now" Until then Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

reagan said...

Yep, I agree. My 2nd grader came home with a note to all students from the teacher, to please put your children to bed on time and don't let them have too much candy-lol! Oh well, they do get squirley right before santa visits!
xoxo
Pam

David said...

Did you say that Moll's sassiness might have come from you??? Really??? Hard to believe....

Susan said...

I cannot tell you how reassuring this post is! Samuel is like a crazy man these days. Here's hoping Santa can cure him. :)

Kate said...

The "hauling manure" part of this post made me laugh so hard. The part about kids staying up late, all hopped up on sugar, though, made me happy I'm childless. Eeesh. I admire the patience of parents. You truly are amazing people.

Codadiva said...

I totally thought that was just him talking to me. I came in childless and he told me his whole profession including the puns.

Ohhh poor little ones that have to listen to that filth! lol

tina kugler said...

i know exactly what you mean- we had the same problem! he does NOT stay in character!!! if kids are within earshot...don't...aaargh...