Thursday, January 8, 2009

Casey.

My mom just called to let me know that our friend Casey died yesterday. He lived most of his short life battling a rare brain tumor that kept coming back. I remember the time when his father, my friend Kevin found out the life changing news over 10 years ago. Casey was just 9 I believe at the time and wasn't given too long to live. Well he did. He is a fighter. About a year ago some of Kevin's closest friends and co workers put together a benefit in Casey's honor and were amazed at the outpouring of kindness and caring. They raised enough to put a dent in the mounting medical bills but more importantly Casey saw how many people loved him and cared about him.
A few months after the benefit we were at the bowling alley where he worked and he had a seizure and it seemed that his health starting really failing after that. Although he was ready to go I am not sure others were ready for him to go. This past few weeks Kevin has been by his side non stop and they were visited by many friends. Casey may you rest in peace and please keep Kevin and his family in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Times like this also remind me to hug Molly a little tighter and let her know how very much I love her. Hug your kids today.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh wow. I'm so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kathy said...

So sorry to hear of this loss Kim. I know this man has touched many lives, and your right, we have to love our loved ones, every day!
So sorry honey.
~xx~
Kathy

NANCY LEFKO said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Kim.....You and all those who loved Casey are in my prayers...consider yourself hugged, sweetie.

Jodi Ohl said...

(((tearing))). I'm so sorry Kim, that is so tragic but what a short wonderful life he lived through the abundance of people he touched. Thoughts are with you and your friends family.

...on a brighter note, stop over my blog house for a surprise for you :)

kiddlebug said...

I'm so sorry. It is hard to make sense of the loss of a young life.