Tuesday, April 27, 2010

GIANT Shrine.

While at my favorite store the other day I spotted this beauty. I instantly envisioned a giant shadowbox type piece of art. It is hard to see in the picture but the inlay border in this former radio cabinet was just too fantastic to resist and for only $8 there was not doubt it was coming home with me. For a few days it sat in the studio with hopes of striking inspiration into what I could turn it into but the more I looked at it the more I realized it was too beautiful alone to mess with. I hauled it upstairs and it instantly found it's place on my favorite wall in the house....my art wall. I put my only plant (I kill them but this one just keeps going) inside and the top displays some of my favorite things like a few Halloween folks from The Wilsons and a great tulip picture from my good friend Paula Radl. The large angel and peacock feather vase come home with us from our trip to Mexico quite a few years back. The perfectly fit on top of this new shrine that is sure to be a part of our home for the rest of my days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. Great idea!!!

Unknown said...

Great find! It has great lines and fun turned legs too! I can see why you were picturing doing something more with it! We've been having fun over on my blog playing my creative recycling blog challenge where folks post something they creativly recycled!
Dandelion Wishes,
Deb~