Sunday, November 21, 2010

I heart paper mache and teaching


I have been having so much fun creating little beings out of paper wire and glue. So much fun in fact that I have to have a class to show all of you how to do it! So join me on Thursday December 2nd and we will get messy and make adorable little people and animals.
Classes have got me thinking. I have had a few requests from out of town friends who want to come to classes but don't want to drive during the week. I totally understand that! I hate driving at night much less in the winter in Wisconsin. So I decided in January once a month I am going to hold mini workshop events. One Friday evening a month we will have a little art social where we can have coffee or wine and make a simple project and then all day Saturday will be workshops. I will be happy to arrange accommodations for you to stay at a local hotel and being in the heart of downtown there is a nice selection of great restaurants to choose from for lunch. You can participate in Friday, Saturday or both! I still have to sort out the details but I will post these mini getaway weekends very soon right here! If you have any ideas or suggestions for classes you are interested in please please leave a comment!
Have an artful day!

2 comments:

Toby Locke said...

Hi. I'm Jill and I live in Racine,WI. I first heard of you through your "Art Saves" testimony. Your story really touched my heart. I was very excited to see that your shop isn't that far away from me. I just wanted to write to let you know that I am intested in the Saturday workshops you mentioned. I am into painting and sewing right now, but I am always excited to learn something new. Have a great day! -Jill

Chlo-Bo said...

Hello!
May I firstly say how cute those adorable creatures are! Just reading this post make me want to make my own! Sadly I can't attend a workshop as I'm in the UK, but next time I'm stuck for a gift idea I'll be sure to check back to your blog for inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Chloe :)