Monday, June 18, 2007

What a weekend in Manitowoc.


Oh my peonies are in bloom. They are so beautiful and I just love the smell when I step out of my studio.
I really should have pictures of this weekend to show but in typical airhead Kim fashion I forgot to bring my camera to Metrojam. Honestly I really think it was the most fun I have ever had at a concert. The headliner bands were Stroke 9 (Little Black Backpack)and Nine Days (Story of a Girl). They were fantastic! I really got a kick out of Stroke 9 singing the old Bloodhound Gang song about doing it like they do on the Discover channel. It was an annoying song back in the day but hearing it live and loud in Manitowoc was hilarious to me. I did break into the backstage area and freaked out the security guard but chickened out and didn't go meet the bands. When Nine Days started to play I realized I knew a couple of their songs from the radio but when they sang the ever popular Story Of a Girl... well it rocked. They also had Ruby Jane a kick butt fiddle player that performed earlier in the evening come out and play with them during their rendition of Sweet Home Alabama. That little girl can really put on a show and she is only 13! It was just so much fun and I can't wait to see who will be performing next year. Saw David and Kim from Stumpjack there and they told me that a few of the band members from Nine Days were at the coffee shop earlier in the day. The singer saw David in the crowd and gave him a little shout out on stage. It was so awesome for them. David has a little blurb about it in his blog. They may possibly do a little gig there????? Let's keep our fingers crossed.

No comments: