Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Two silly things to brighten my day.




So I went to the zoo today after dropping Molly off at daycare. I needed to go away and think about a few things and it seemed like a nice secluded place to do that. I was right. No one else was there but me and all the critters. This rooster thought the back of this deer looked like a cozy place to cock a doodle doo. I took this picture and was then chased away by some angry geese. I have a lot on my plate right now and made the decision to not run for president of our downtown association in the upcoming election. It sounds like I am being a big head but no one else really wants the job so some are expecting me to do it. I have been kinda sick the last few weeks...hives, achy, panic attacks, and just overall grouchiness due to stress and this was the thing I didn't love doing so I needed to just let it go. The group needs a whole lot of work and I am just not willing to give part of me to make that happen anymore. I have been involved in the group for about 2 years now and have not seen much change and I just don't see it happening in the future. With Sputnikfest and the Art and About group I love the things we are doing and it is improving the downtown so I think my energy will just be much better spent with those things. It really sucks but I want to feel better and reduce this stress.




So my morning has been pretty sucky but a good friend Jan came and brightened my day with a bag of useless little figures. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love misc. little bags of silliness...why? I don't know I just do. Look at them aren't they adorable. I especially love the little naked babies. Someday I will use them in a shadowbox or other fun project but for now I will just hoard them. I did get a few fun things from St Vinnie's this morning as well. I was not happy walking in though..their front door window was smashed to bits ... someone broke in last night. I live on the same block so I don't like to see that. It is increasingly becoming a little ghetto here. I wish we could figure out a way to keep these sassy kids occupied so they wouldn't commit all these senseless crimes. But like I said earlier I am already overwhelmed.
Hopefully today will get better soon.

4 comments:

Xanthe said...

I can relate...this last week or so has sucked for me too!
It will get better!
X

Unknown said...

who in their right mind would break into a St. Vinnie's of all things?

I miss Manty, but not for that reason!

Victoria said...

A friend also gave me a little bag filled with plastic doo-dads, which I just love, and the same little naked babies were in my bag, too!

Kate said...

I LOVE YOU, KIMMIE G!!!!! I am so happy that we are friends. You are a constant inspiration to me in so many ways. Hang in there, my love.