Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Art exhibit this weekend!

I just whipped out this little mixed media piece for the Art and About Roncalli member exhibit going on this weekend. I of course cannot do anything before the week of so I made this and am hoping to get a painting done too. This piece is called "The bottom of dad's toolbox" because that is where I got most of this stuff. It is all the forgotten washers, nails and other little tidbits that end up buried in sawdust. I even included some of that. I had fun making it!

Roncalli High School Atrium
Friday night 6-9 reception with refreshments and live music by Greg Pagel
Saturday 10-4 come see artist demos and bring the kiddies to the craft section where they can learn origami, beading, recycling art and other fun crafts.
This is a totally FREE show so you have no excuses! See you there!

2 comments:

Kate said...

This is so unfair. It seems like there's a lot of cool things going on where you are. Nothing cool ever happens here. If I lived closer, I'd be there. I love this piece.

karmadog said...

That was a really great show. You guys are amazing. Sucks that more people didn't come. People suck.