Monday, June 15, 2009

Metal stamping.

I really wanted to get the basic metal stamping tools when I was at the Bead and Button show last weekend but ran out of money. (boy o boy was it fun) So I checked on etsy and found a ton of great sellers selling the tools for way less than the show folks. I could hardly wait to get my goodies and made this little number as soon as I did. Now my original idea was to make personalized pendants for people. Just plain little copper discs with their names on them but I very very rarely do anything simple. I took a little inspiration from the book Semiprecious Salvage by Stephanie Lee and created this pendant and a few others. It is so much fun! I see it as my stepping stone to getting all the metal smithing tools and making jewelry jewelry. This one is on a great hand dyed silk ribbon from my friends at Class Act Designs. Those ladies are so nice I bought 100 of their beautiful beautiful silk ribbons to bring back to the store. They look so great with a simple pendant or mixed with chain...the possibilities are endless really. I have a nice selection of fantastic colors at the store right now. The best part is they are only $8 each! What an inexpensive way to showcase any pendant!

2 comments:

Tweetybirds said...

Love your new stuff, can't wait to see it in person. I'll be back in Manitowoc in late October.

Artsnark said...

Aren't they fun! I use mine on leather too. Great piece!