Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Metal stamping for all.

Metal stamping is so much fun and really quite easy. The fun thing is that with a little creativity you can begin stamping with very little money. Places like etsy and even your local hardware store can get you started in this very personalized fun craft. If you go to specialty stamping stores like Rings and Things , you can even get picture stamps like hearts, stars and so much more. Super simple is starting with copper washers, a metal letter stamp set, a ball peen hammer, and steel block. Simply line up your letters and strike with your hammer. I recently wrote a detailed tutorial for one of my favorite jewelry magazines so watch my blog for more information hopefully soon!


1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I'd love to try this craft soon. Stamped metal looks so cool. I'm taking a class in precious metal clay in September and am excited to see how that goes. I suppose there can be stamping involved!