Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ahhhhh fun times in the summertime.

We went to Bay Beach on Tuesday. For those of you who live nearby you have surely all gone there and enjoyed a full day of amusement fun for very little money. We got $20 worth of tickets, went on tons of rides and still had $5 worth at the end of the day! Molly had a blast as you can see in the photo above.
In the studio I am working on these little dolls. I bought a frozen Charlotte from one of my favorite little stores...Assemblage Studio in De Pere. I used my new favorite material, no bake clay and created a mold of the doll. The first try shrunk quite a bit so the dolls were small and a little smooched. I made a second mold and it shrunk just a little but kept all the details and shape. I am just experimenting with paint and color and then hope to make necklaces with this little cuties. Tried to wire wrap a few of them but I am thinking it looks a little morbid for some reason. We'll see.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I love them BECAUSE they are a little morbid. Very cool

Kathy said...

Oh Kim...love these. Are you gonna sell them? lol You know my addiction with dirty dolls. And the wire around the one doll, I love that. Don't know what that says about me....
~xx~

Eileen said...

They do look like bondage dolls - they should be a hit!

Eileen
http://ruralwisconsin.blogspot.com

gilstrapdesigns said...

I like your little dolls how cool.